Library Media Center
- Destiny Catalog and Overdrive eBooks
- LMC Staff
- NEW Online Resources
- Goodreads Book Feed Page
- Social Media
How do I log in to the SD129 ebook library?
- In the box "Library card number" enter the 7 digits of your Student ID number [examples: 1000123 or 3023232]
- In the box "PIN" enter your complete Lastname, just as it appears in Schoology or on your report cards. Use one uppercase letter followed by lowercase letters for each part of your complete last name, including dashes or spaces as needed [examples: Hahn or Smith-Jones or Alvarez Ochoa]
- Click on the "Sign In" button.
- If you are having trouble, see or email your librarian!
Do I need an app?
Maybe. You can read most ebooks with a browser, such as Chrome, but some titles require an app. It depends on whether you want to read OverDrive Read ebooks, EPUB ebooks, Kindle ebooks, or eaudiobooks.
- ebooks in the OverDrive Read format do not need an app. These titles can be read using a web browser (like Chrome) on most devices.
- If you want to listen to eaudiobooks, or if you want to read EPUB ebooks on a smartphone/mobile device, search the App Store or Google Play store for OverDrive to get the OverDrive app.
- If you have another device, go to http://app.overdrive.com/ to find the OverDrive app for your device.
- If you want to read Kindle ebooks, go to the Kindle site at http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/kcp and download the Kindle app for your device. You need to set up a Kindle Account to read Kindle format titles.
How do I set up the OverDrive app on a smartphone or other mobile device?
These directions are for the Android version of the app, but other versions are similar.
- Install the OverDrive App and open it
- Click Sign up and choose Sign up using library card
- Search for Aurora West
- Choose Aurora West School District 129
- Sign in with your Student ID# and your Lastname
- If you are over 13, choose YES
- Click Sign In
- Tap the Home menu
- Tap Add a Library
- In the search box, type in Aurora West and then click SEARCH
- Click on Aurora West School District 129
- Tap on the star next to Aurora West School District 129 to save it
- You can now sign in and search for ebooks!
I need more help setting up my device or searching for books...
You can find videos showing you how to search for books and how to set up your device on the OverDrive Help site:
- The School Library Website Overview video at http://help.overdrive.com/#videos?slwo shows how to search for books using a browser.
- Other videos at http://help.overdrive.com/#videos show you how to set up specific devices.
- If you still need help, talk to your school librarian, or bring your device to Aurora Public Library or Messenger Library and talk to a librarian there.
Search the catalog for library materials!
Need help logging in? Contact library staff!
Borrow digital books and audiobooks online!
Need help logging in? Read this page!
Password: See librarian
pros and cons for debate and argumentative writing
Password: See librarian
LMC Hours of Operation
Mondays: 9:20 am - 3:40 pm with a teacher pass.
Tues-Fri: 8:15 am - 3:40 pm with a teacher pass.
* If you want to use the LMC before school, please check in with Mrs Hahn the day before. Thanks!
LMC MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the West Aurora School District 129 Library Media Centers is to empower students and staff to acquire the necessary skills to locate, evaluate, select, access, and use information, ideas, and technology creatively and critically.